MARCH 2021 UPDATE: The application window for the QI Specialist Pilot Pipeline Project has closed. We encourage interested candidates to apply in the future if we are able to offer this certificate program to other cohorts of early childhood professionals.
Learn the Skills to Become a Quality Improvement Specialist with QUALITYstarsNY
QUALITYstarsNY utilizes Quality Improvement Specialists (QI Specialists) in every region across the state to provide individualized guidance and direction to early childhood programs throughout their participation in QUALITYstarsNY. QI Specialists partner with program leaders to help them implement high quality practices to make their program the best it can be for the staff, children and families they serve.
About the Certificate Program
In partnership with the New York Early Childhood Professional Development Institute, QUALITYstarsNY is offering a 20-hour certificate program for experienced early childhood leaders interested in learning the skills to advance their career, deepen their understanding of high quality early childhood education practices, and position themselves for success as a Quality Improvement Specialist candidate.
- Kick off March 20 followed by weekly 2.5-hour courses each Thursday evening for 6 weeks. Detailed schedule will be provided during the registration process.
- No cost to participate & participants will receive a $500 stipend upon completion of the program.
- 3+ years of experience in an early childhood leadership position.
- Master’s degree or nearing completion of a Master’s degree in early childhood education or a related field.
- People of color and other diversities are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Complete our online form to indicate your interest in the opportunity. A detailed schedule will be provided before selected candidates confirm their registration. Our selection will be based on eligibility and persons working in QUALITYstarsNY priority service areas.
The application window for the QI Specialist Pilot Pipeline Project is now closed. Stay tuned to our website and join our email list for QUALITYstarsNY announcements about future professional development opportunities.